Monday 27 June 2022

I'm getting better....

 

…this time it’s only been two months since my last post.  Who knows, at this rate I may actually be back to posting weekly some time before the end of the year!

 So – no excuses – I’ve just been lazy and haven’t been spending as much time on my minis as I should.  Okay – maybe not lazy since I was doing a lot of other things along the way.

I am anxious to start working on my next project, which will be somewhat of a challenge since I’ve never done one like it before, but I really feel I need to finish off the Hearth and Home Market Stall first as I am gifting it to my daughter.  I’m sure she’d like to see the finished project sooner rather than later.  So, here goes…

When last we saw the market stall, I had found a way to light up the large floor-model, mesh “Christmas Gifts” and put them in place, I had also fed lights through the square wooden candles I had made, and I managed to fill two of the back shelves and the side shelf. 

Since then, I printed some pictures and cushion covers onto some lightweight fabric.  I especially like that when the pictures are framed, having printed them on fabric they really look like they're on canvas. These pictures are the "before" so the pictures do look better when you see them later in their frames.




I made up a set of dishes from some images I had printed on card stock, then made a little display rack for them.  I have dinner plates behind and smaller, salad plates in front - all matching, of course. This is a picture before I added the small decorative bottles on the shelf beside the dish display. 

I finished off some of the other accessories and started filling the stall.  Louise was visiting one afternoon a few weeks ago and, having nothing with her to mini for herself, she put together a few decorative bottles I have spaced among the shelves.

I also made a box that I glued to the back of the building to hold the battery pack for the lights.


I finished the whole thing this afternoon and our daughter, Shauna, arrived after work to pick up our grandson so she was able to take it right home with her.  Good timing! 

I hope you enjoy these pictures of the finished project. 



Left side:





Interior with the lights on.  You can see a few of the bottles Louise made for me next to the dishes.  Also - two of the three cushions I made are sitting in the chair.  The third is just out of view at the foot of the chair.

Lights on:


Lights off:



 Right side shelf: 


Here you can see the right-hand door with a couple of pictures I printed and framed.  I do like the pink Christmas tree.  How pretty would that be in real life?


The tables beneath hold more of Louise's bottles and some pretty pottery that ties the pink and blue theme together pretty well.



So that's the story of the little Hearth and Home Market Stall.  I hope you enjoyed it and that my daughter does as well!  Thanks for checking in.  I will be back soon to talk about my next project.  Hugs to all!  TTFN!!!! - Marilyn





16 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn! It is wonderful to see you pop in, and with your completed Hearth and Home Market Stall! It came out so lovely and is just packed with delightful gifts and décor for every shopper's needs. The mood you've created with the lighting is magical like Christmas itself. If your daughter "gets" minis, I imagine she is beyond thrilled with this awesome gift! I am super excited to hear about your new project, as you always have the neatest ideas! Just come back soon, okay? You are missed when you're away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jodi, you are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words and for missing me! It's nice to be missed! I'm glad you like the ambience in the market stall. I started with very little idea of just what I wanted but, little by little, it turned out just how I would have imagined it if my imagination had kicked in at the beginning! I stayed true to my "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" persona! Big hugs - Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Hi Marilyn! Your Heart and Home market stall are very fine, and you have got so many things in there though it is so small! I like the gifts
    with the lights inside, its make it very Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it. It was fun to make, once I made up my mind which direction I was going in. I hope it doesn't take me a s long for the next project because I am on a definite time line for that one! Cheers! - Marilyn

      Delete
  3. It’s lovely Marilyn! All the little pieces are arranged beautifully and look fantastic. I am sure your daughter will get so much enjoyment from the scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon. Apparently she took it to work today to show it off and is very happy with it. It is worth noting that it was not purposefully made as a gift to her. I really had no particular plans for it but when she was visiting one day when I was working on it she said how much she really liked it. When I told her she could have it if she wanted she was very happy, indeed!

      Delete
  4. As a big Christmas lover I've enjoyed your finished stall to the fullest - although it reminds me once more that we're through with the first half of the year and Christmas is not that far away anymore... Regarding this it's great that your daughter and her family will now be prepared for the holidays, owning now the most darling Christmas box made with love by you. It turned out awesome and I loved to discover all the details you've added. An extra "chapeau!" for the lighted gift boxes (again) and the lighted candles on the top shelf - wow, this is a stunning idea.

    Sad somehow that this lovely project is now finished - well, I'm going to look forward to your next project now.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Birgit for your kind words and encouragement. I'm starting my new project this evening and. since it is a birthday gift for one of my SILs who has a birthday on July 11th, I better kick into high gear!!! Big hugs! - Marilyn

      Delete
  5. Tu puesto es encantador. Las luces quedan fantásticas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Isabel. Siempre es emocionante terminar un proyecto y empezar uno nuevo. ¡Espero volver a publicar pronto! ¡Salud! - Marilyn
      Thank you so much, Isabel. It's always exciting to finish a project and get started on a new one. I hopee to be posting again soon! Cheers! - Marilyn

      Delete
  6. Marilyn it's absolutely gorgeous, all the lovely accessories, and the beautiful lighting. A few years ago my daughter had a pink Christmas tree, it was lovely, I don't know what happened to it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Polly - did you get a picture of it? I would love to see it. I'm always looking for real life inspirations that I can turn into mini treasure. I'm glad you liked the Market Stall. I only had about an hour to enjoy the finished product before my daughter arrived to pick up her son and they took it home with them. It gives me even more enjoyment to know it has gone to someone who appreciates it! Hugs! - Marilyn

      Delete
    2. Hello Marilyn, I'm sorry I haven't got a phot of the tree

      Delete
    3. Oh, too bad but that just means I have something new to search for on pinterest. I think it would be so pretty. Thanks, Polly. - Marilyn

      Delete
  7. What a lovely finish, festive, stylish and lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvie. My next project is a complete departure from this last one - and I have to have it done for July 11th! Wish me luck! - Marilyn

      Delete