Saturday 20 February 2016

She's Baaaaacckkk!!!!

Okay, it's been over two years since I first tried to start a blog.. So - what happened? The short version? Technology happened! For some reason, after I posted the second entry, I was unable to load any pictures and my computer kept jumping out of the screen when I tried to type an entry. My computer was really old at the time and I guess I didn't have everything on it that would make it work properly with Blogger. Well, cut to the present - new computer, new opportunities!!!!

So, what's happened in the last two years, mini-wise? Well, where do I start??? First - I made the acquaintance of Louise McS. She had been to the Montreal Miniature show where she met Liz Dielman of Grandpa's Dollhouse. When Liz heard where she lived, and the fact that she was doing minis all on her own, she gave her my name because I had been a customer of hers. When Louise got home she made contact with me, I told her about Marijke H. (pulchinellascellar.blogspot.ca) because I used to work with Marijke's husband so knew his wife was into miniatures. Again, long story short, we all got together, along with Susan P., a miniaturist Marijke knew, added some more members....and the rest, as they say, is history. Since that initial meeting we have formed our own club: F.A.M.E. (Fredericton Area Miniature Enthusiasts), we meet monthly just to get together, work on our own things, and bounce ideas off each other.

Thanks to Marijke's encouragement, Louise and I, both "newbies" in this hobby, along with another new member of F.A.M.E., Lynn M., joined her and Susan P. at Camp Mini Ha Ha at the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre in Nova Scotia in 2014 and again in 2015. We've met so many new "mini" friends there and learned so much. We're all getting ready to send in our registrations for Camp Mini Ha Ha 2016 and can hardly wait!

In 2014 and 2015, FAME participated in the Fredericton Model Railroad show where we displayed some of our projects and introduced more people to the 1/12th scale hobby. The model railroad club was uncertain at first but we persuaded them to let us in since we had so few opportunities to show off our work. They ended up being thrilled by our display and invited us back for 2015.

So, bottom line, I will be posting much more regularly now. To start with, I'll share some pictures of the two projects from my Camp Mini Ha Ha workshops as well as provide an update on how my "wish list" of projects has changed since my first posting. Hey - I'm female! I'm entitled to change my mind! I thank you for being so patient and will catch up with everything over the next few postings. TTFN!



No comments:

Post a Comment