Saturday 13 April 2019

More eye candy from Montreal!

Sorry - I missed a day. I really thought I had posted this yesterday. Man - I am getting so old!!!! Well, in all honesty, I was this forgetful even in my 20s but now I get to blame it on age. *smile*

Carrying on from where I left off - two days ago - here are some more inspirational projects from the Montreal club exhibit:

Michele Castonguay is a familiar name for those of us attending the Montreal Show over the last few years. Both entries this year were in 1:48 scale - an amazing feat to consider for those of us even a little frightened to try 1:24!

First we have a unique piece, depicting an attic only of a very large, historical building. Michele has captured considerable detail in such small rooms.






The second 1:48 display is actually a whole street scene, I love it! It's very European looking - and remember - it's 1:48 - tiny!





From Shirley McBain we have a nice sunny spot to curl up in....


... a couple in their comfortable sitting room who have either just returned from a trip - or just heading out on one, based on the luggage arranged in the corner...


... and Santa taking a brief rest before heading off on his next delivery.


Pierre Marinier built a beautiful gazebo then placed it a a park-like setting to show it off to best advantage:


Caroline de Repentigny and Fernand Rondeau treated us to a remarkable, large, light-filled artist studio. The treatment of the canvas blinds hovering below the massive skylights was, I thought, truly unique.



Inside, large murals are arranged for viewing...


... while the talented artist lounges on the sofa, awaiting the public's admiration of his talent!


On keeping with that theme their second entry, "Charlie's Art" is a beautiful stucco building that provides space for several talented people to pursue their artistic passions at the same time:



This room box by Kate Heenan looks like such a wonderful place to curl up with a good book, or to visit the rooftop for a wee bit of fresh air.



And another of Kate's comfortable. cozy rooms, this one built into a set of actual books:


if all of this horrible winter we've had has you dreaming of a sunny retreat, then you'll appreciate this lovely summer house by June Barry. I can almost smell the summer flowers in bloom.


Now - I apologize if I make an error in attributing the following lovely little vignette. I believe it is one of June Barry's, however it may be Vanessa's Barklay's work. My apologies Vanessa if it is yours and not June's. Either way, if it a great little scene in a simple but effective container.


Now - these next pieces, are by a pair of sisters, Jade Barklay's Christmas box in front and Vanessa Barklay's comfy modern corner behind. These prove that miniature projects do not have to take up a large footprint to still be fun to make and lovely to look at.


This calm modern scene is also the work of Vanessa Barklay.


And from Jade Barklay ... we have a couple of examples of how to really pack in all the little details that bring a scene to life. My original pictures were difficult to see the detail because of the glare from the lights bouncing off the plexiglas boxes but Jade was kind enough to follow up and provide me pictures without the covering. Thank you so much, Jade!



In my original post, I incorrectly credited this wonderful artist's studio to June Barry. It is actually another detailed piece from Jade Barklay. I'm so happy to be able to make the corrections. Thank you, Jade for sending pictures with the cover off. They are so much clearer. All the better to see the incredible work put into this piece.




Erica Lapiste shows her versatility by going from a very modern 1:48 scale home...


,,, to a pleasant light-filled conservatory...


... to a truly lush, rain-forest-looking vignette in a beautiful lantern. Don't you love the depth perception she achieves with the photo at the back of the lantern?


Lise Ashby carried out the summer house/gazebo theme by including 3 different sizes of hand built gazebos in her display piece.


The final displays for tonight were produced by Yvette Reid. Two gentlemen face off over a game of checkers while a little girl and her dad look on before heading out for a skate.


Another little girl oohs and ahhs over the toys in this little shop.


And, at the end of the day, an attentive father keeps a lookout from this lovely porch, waiting for his family to come around the corner (that's my story and I'm sticking to it, for now).


So folks, this brings us to the end of today's post. Tomorrow, we will finish up with the last three artisans from the Montreal miniatures display, before introducing what I hope to be a quick little project to carry me through the next week or two. Now I'm going to go watch the hockey game. Go Leafs go!!!! TTFN!!! - Marilyn



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I enjoyed looking at each and every one!

    ReplyDelete