Tuesday 21 July 2020

Last Call

This is a very short post this week as I have been busy with a lot of rel-life things - mostly working on database entries for the Irish Association as we are in the middle of developing a new web site. As a result - I have not had much time for minis this week *insert large sad face here!*

Since I wasn't able to work on the North Pole Post Office this week, I thought I would post some pictures of the hydrangea tree from Dorothy's Corner. YES!! I have actually finished it and "planted" it in place.

Here is a picture of a real Pink Diamond hydrangea:


Here is my final version in place:


Suffice to say - I am so glad I had only 29 branches and buds to apply florets and leaves to instead of the number of branches on a real tree! I couldn't possibly live long enough to complete that!

I planted the tree behind the fence so that it can hang over the garden on the other side. Also, the pink of the flower heads is almost exactly the same colour as the pink of the bird house on the wall above it.


If you look closely enough you can see the little blue tit perched on the top rail of the fence, under the tree. Also, Dorothy has been a little remiss in her gardening as she has missed a few dandelions growing at the base of the tree. I guess it's a matter of "out of sight, out of mind". I can understand that!


Sorry for the brevity of this week's post but the good news is - you won't have to see any more entries about Dorothy's Corner!! I do hope I will have some time to spend on the Post Office this week coming up so I can share some updated pictures of its progress next Tuesday. Until then, I hope you all have a great week working on your own minis and are keeping safe and healthy.. Big hugs! TTFN!!! - Marilyn D.

20 comments:

  1. Love the finished garden corner, Marilyn! And the touch of those little dandelions is absolutely perfect. It really looks like your photo of the real-life tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marijke. I am pleased with how it turned out - even if it doesn't have nearly as many branches as the real version! Cheers. - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  2. Una maravilla tu árbol de hortensias!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Pilar. Creo que resultó bastante bonito, así que estoy satisfecho. ¡Salud! - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful, Marilyn! Dorothy must be very proud!
    Good luck with all your projects and we'll see ya next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about Dorothy but I am proud that I actually finished it - no matter what it looks like - although I am pleased with how it looks. Yes, I hope to have something more interesting for next week's post. See you then! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a knack for garden scenes, and it makes sense. You live in such a beautiful part of the world. I am longing for a green serene garden....The temperature here is about 110 degrees Fahrenheit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Carrie, I couldn't handle that!!! today it's a lovely 25 degrees celsius here (75?) yesterday it was 34! (93??) too much for me!! Try to stay cool and safe! - MArilyn D.

      Delete
  6. Han quedado preciosas.
    Es un rincón encantador !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Eloisa. Tengo que admitir que se está convirtiendo en uno de mis favoritos. ¡Abrazos! - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  7. It looks beautiful! I love your dandelions and the little bird resting in the shade. So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. Next to Christmas themed projects, gardens are my next favourite. They make me smile when I look at them. - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  8. Bravo for finishing this stunning hydrangea tree - awesome work. And it's just perfect for this corner... I really enjoyed to see it. And according to me the dandelion has every right to bloom in this fabulous garden corner - we call them weeds, but honestly... a spring meadow full of yellow dandelion dots is pure beauty... and the bees love it. ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Birgit - if the bees love dandelions then I have to say that we must be single-handedly saving the bee population in our area with our front yard! Glad you like the hydrangea tree - it was a lot of work but I actually really enjoyed it. - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  9. I love a hydrangea and plenty of them in my yard. I have never had a pink one cause when I buy a regular one my soil turns them blue. The pink one is lovely. Love your little setting and the book makes this a great reading spot.
    Mini huggs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Conny. The Pink Diamond Hydrangea is a different kind than what you have in your yard. It is a Hydrangea Paniculata (these are hardy in zones 3 - 8) whereas the blue/pink varieties are Hydrangea Macrophylla which are hardy to zones 5-11, making them borderline hardy where we live. They are also shorter than most of the paniculata ones. Maybe you could try one of these just to change things up - and you could get a pink one! Hugs. - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  10. Las flores son preciosas. Las reales y la tuyas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Isabel. Me encantan las hortensias pee gee. Tienen flores tan hermosas y duraderas. Me alegra que hayas disfrutado las fotos. ¡Abrazos! - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  11. Your Pink Diamond Hydrangea tree is WONDERFUL Marilyn!!!
    What a Marvellous focal point for Dorothy's garden with her favourite chair positioned where she can see and enjoy it all summer long! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. I can't say I'm sorry to see it finished however, given what a short attention span I am known for, it does surprise me sometimes how spending so much time on one thing like this doesn't bother me at all. I enjoyed doing it. Stay safe! - Hugs - Marilyn D.

      Delete