Wednesday 15 May 2019

And the winner is......

...to be revealed momentarily. First thing to do is to reveal the answer to the mystery - why was my project titled "Dorothy's corner? There were two small hints in the project itself:

1. on the arm of the chair is a little book titled "God's Garden" by D.F. Gurney
2. on the wall over the bird bath is a garden plaque with a stanza from the poem in this book. The stanza is seen on many a garden sign in many gardens. It is from a larger poem (see number 1 above). These lines say:

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
the song of the birds for mirth
one is nearer God's heart in a garden
than anywhere else on earth.

You can read the full poem by looking it up under the name DOROTHY Frances Gurney. That is why it is called Dorothy's Corner. Sorry I made it too difficult to solve. (insert sad face here!!) Next time I run a contest I will go easier on you, I promise!

Now, since no one guessed the answer to the mystery, the name drawn randomly will actually win 2 hostas, 2 dwarf astilbes, a copy of the little book in Dorothy's Corner, "God's Garden", a garden lantern, and a glass of refreshing water with lemon (or you could say it is gin and tonic instead!) *smile*.

And the winner is......



CARRIE

Congratulations, Carrie. Please use my email address under my profile to mail me your snail mail address so I can get your prizes to you. And thank you to everyone who takes the time to encourage myself and other bloggers each time you leave a comment on our blog posts. Love ya all!!
TTFN!! - Marilyn



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carrie.

    I must admit the only Dorothy I could think of was from The Wizard of Oz...and from then on I was blocked because nothing fit.

    Anyway...we had our workshop with Marijke today and it was WONDERFUL! You are SO lucky to have her as a mentor!
    Love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love that verse about the garden and now I get the connection.
    The various Dorothy references were a clever idea although I have never been very good at solving puzzles.
    Meanwhile, forwarding my Congratulations to Carrie! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete