So- I finished the little shabby chic chair today. I decided I couldn't use the stitching I had first done because it was too close to the edge to wrap the cushion. I did receive an excellent suggestion from Scrapbooking Butterfly to use the first stitching to make a fire screen. I'm going to give it some thought. In the meantime, I chose a second design and started stitching again. I actually like it much better because the design is a little smaller so looks more in proportion to the chair seat. Here are the two stitch patterns together.
The new one I'm going to use is on the left.
Then I painted and dry-brushed the old chair and I like it much better than the original as well. With the seat cushion glued in, I may now have to find a little scene to put this in. Once again I'm showing the original chair and the new version next to it. I hope you like it. I do.