Sunday 6 March 2016

My Favourite mini....

...is also the reason I didn't get much real mini-ing done this weekend. He's 5 years old and goes from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds flat. First, after picking him up this afternoon, we took him to watch the young kids learning how to play Curling, then we took him skating - which lasted all of 10 minutes before he'd had enough, then we took him shopping for "Brogan food". $86 later we headed home where, after putting the groceries away I showed him how to make instant pudding using a Tupperware "quick shake" and he showed me how to make fruit salad by putting all his blueberries, strawberries and pineapple chunks into a big bowl with a lid and rolling it around the kitchen. Then we played "Ninjango", which is a game he made up. I'd explain it to you but, trust me, it wouldn't help! Then we played Jedi knights where he repeatedly allowed himself to be killed by his grandfather so I, the medic, could bring him back to life by using the magic tickle spell. These games have a lot of rules! We finally persuaded him to let us cook our supper. I say "our" supper meaning for DH and I because his eating habits are just as mysterious as his game rules. While we waited for our supper to cook he ate two chicken wieners, 10 slices of cucumber, 6 cherry tomatoes, a large helping of his fruit salad, a yogurt drink, two chocolate chip cookies, a glass of milk, and a tube of "cheese string" - only the stripey kind of cheese, not the orange one! He reluctantly let us eat our supper when it was cooked, all the while commenting that "dis gonna take all da minutes!!", then pushed his large container of Lego out into the living room where we, once again, played another "game" with them. Again, I can't tell you the rules, or even the name of the game because it's all very confused in our heads. His head was, of course, completely clear. That must be why he kept winning the game and, according to him, his grandfather and I kept losing. I guess we're just really bad at playing games! We never win! As that game was drawing to a close he announced he was hungry. WHAT??? You've got to be kidding! Since it was getting close to his bed time anyway (which, mercifully for us, is quite early), we suggested he have a bowl of cereal. Although he agreed with that idea he wasn't happy that the bowl was only 3/4 full of cereal and figured he should also have a banana to make up the difference. After munching everything he could lay his hands on we managed to chase him down the hall to brush his teeth then herded him into his bedroom. Going through his backpack we found there were no pyjamas. Of course not, he explained. His Daddy doesn't wear pyjamas so he figures he shouldn't either. After all, Bubba (his grandfather) doesn't wear pyjamas either. It's a guy thing, he tells me. And since I'm not a guy, apparently I'm not meant to understand. Three books later and a rousing chorus of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and it was the end of Day 1 of a three-day sleepover at Bubba and Binty's house. Please - somebody come rescue us!!!!

Tomorrow I hope I can get a little more done on the floor to the greenhouse. If so, I might have something to show you tomorrow evening - depending on how much energy I have left after a day full of hard-fought, but ultimately unsuccessful game battles! I'm off to rest up for the long day tomorrow. TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazingly fun and exhausting time! I think he might be 7 feet tall if his food consumption is any indication of the growth spurt he must be going through!

    ReplyDelete