Friday 24 December 2021

Reflections on 2021

 As I sit quietly this evening with just Bruce and I on our own, I reflect back on other Christmas Eves when our home seemed to be the "Christmas Eve Drop-in Centre".  It was a time when our extended family, some neighbours and friends would end up at our house for a wonderful evening of good food, good cheer and great company.  We wouldn't go too late into the evening because everyone would want to get last minute things done at home before the beginning of the "Main Event" - Christmas Day.

Those were indeed some wonderful times but this year, as we were last year, we are mostly just really grateful that all of these people who would show up at our door are still with us, still healthy and still hopeful for what is ahead.  Our hearts go out to all those who cannot say the same as so many people have been lost and so many others completely overwhelmed by the burden of caring for those struck by this awful virus.  God bless you all and please note that there are millions of people who care about you and are grateful for all you have done.

On a personal note, I have been absent from my blog for a couple of months now but it is for no other reason than I have been extremely busy with other things leading up to the Christmas season.  I have not even given myself time to explore the wonderful blogs of the many talented people I have always loved to follow.  I have continued to work at little things here and there but nothing enough to warrant a post of my own.  However, with 2022 clearly in my sights, I vow to do much better in the next 12 months.  

I really value all of you talented people I have come to know through this wonderful hobby and am looking forward to reading through your blogs once this busy season is over and catching up on what you have all been working on.  I am also so excited about getting back to working on my own minis and will be sure to share my progress with you in the new year.

I want to wish you all a joyous Christmas and a happy, healthy and hopeful 2022 but I would be remiss if I didn't share with you one of Bruce's contributions to my blog post - he is still finding highly appropriate cat images that he suggests I use.  This one particularly captures the vibe of our own furry little munchkin at this time of the year:

So, I leave you here with, hopefully a smile on your face and look forward to being in touch with all of you again in the brand new year!!  God Bless us, every one!!!- TTFN!!! - Marilyn 

12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you as well, Pilar! I can hardly wait to check out your pages and see what you've been working on. I'll be sure to leave a comment when I do! Big hugs!! - Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Marilyn. Hope it’s a lovely day and that 2022 brings some normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a beautiful sunny day here yesterday - if somewhat cold. We have only a slight dusting of snow down this year so I am sure January and February will dump lots more on us! I hope you had a great Christmas, Shannon and you are feeling hopeful and reinvigorated looking forward to 2022. Cheers! - Marilyn

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you're fine and "just" busy... I hope your Christmas has been a good one and best wishes for the coming year.

    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Birgit! Yes, Christmas was lovely, although quiet. I am so looking forward to getting back to my minis and seeing everyone else do the same. I really miss keeping up with everyone and can't wait to see what brilliant projects everyone is working on. Big hugs and best wishes for 2022! - Marilyn

      Delete
  4. Me alegro que Bruce y tú esteis bien.
    Felíz año nuevo !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Y feliz año nuevo para ti también, Eloisa! Espero que todos volvamos a nuestras minis el próximo año. ¡¡Los extraño a todos!! ¡Abrazos! - Marilyn

      Delete
  5. I think your thoughts of the year 2021 has same kind of feelings also here in Finland. We have the most difficult situation in the entire history of the corona right now.

    Best wishes to you for 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes for the new year to you as well, Sirkka. No matter which direction this virus goes in the future, we will come up with a strategy that allows us to live with it and get back to a prosperous life once more. If we all do our part, we will get through it together as well! Big hugs! - Marilyn

      Delete
  6. Very sorry for the lateness Marilyn. I hope you had a good Christmas. Very best wishes for a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Polly. I wish you a very happy 2022 as well. May it be a year filled with happiness, good health and hope for you and yours! Hugs! - Marilyn

      Delete